A videography on boredom from the point of view of consumer research has been completed in the MediaMark project. The aim of the master’s thesis was to research people’s consumption of boredom as a negotiation of the consumption of one’s time. Especially the use and significance of different media as ways to cope with boredom in people’s mundane everyday life were investigated in the context of both business and recreational traveling.
The findings of the videographic research show how the contemporary consumer culture has a fetish of doing and not standing still. We are involved in a constant activity of consuming entertainment and throttling every opportunity to do something radically new in order to strive away boredom, but because of this we are, in fact, falling more deeply into the boredom and enforcing the experience of boredom and emptiness.
- MediaMark researchers receive the People’s Choice award at ACR2012..!
- Aalto-yliopistossa toteutettu arjen suunnittelua käsittelevä tutkimus palkittiin Vancouverin arvostetussa ACR-konferenssissa
- Study: Expanding networks and gaining new knowledge are the main drivers for professionals participating in communities
- MediaMark 2012 Seminar Looked into Themes of Consumers’ Time and New Business Models within Media
- Videography projects on the rise!